Wednesday 8 December 2010

Abundance of greenery

My wreath with eucalyptus, fir, gum leaves, thistle (and always the Aussie),
 tiny painted silver  gum nuts


With snow on the ground and a distinct Arctic chill in the air a group of us got together to make Christmas wreaths - the first time I had ever made one. 
We had piles of greenery, berries, dried fruits and other gorgeous bits to decorate our wreaths with.
For me it was a really calming experience after 3 solid weeks of cutting, filing and pounding silver and constructing jewellery. 
I was able to switch off and just play with the resources on the table in front of me.
We all ended up with very different, beautiful and unique wreaths to hang on our doors.
Showing, I guess, a reflection of our personalities 
and moods on the day.


1 comment:

Janet said...

Very jealous of yours x