Wednesday 21 July 2010

Pippa Small Jewellery




Several years ago I tore an article out of a magazine featuring the work of Pippa Small. I have since visited her website many times, admiring her style and intrigued by the way she works. Originally she trained as an Anthropologist and then moved into jewellery design. She chooses her materials based on her personal ethical and moral convictions and  has worked with many Indigenous communities around the world. 
Her philosophy and approach to her designs and the materials she uses is really inspiring and finally I was able to see her work in the flesh at her London shop. Alas the pieces were a little out of my price range but I was able to salivate over the gorgeous, organic pieces on display. If ever you get a chance her little shop is worth visiting as it gives you a real insight into her personality behind her brand. (she also has shops in the USA) 

No comments: